College Athletics: Can You Fly?

Dear Fellow Athletes, Coaches, Students, Parents, and Fans-

I am a Division 1 College Track and Field Athlete.

I have developed Project Penguin in an effort to give insider information into the real world of College Athletics from those who are involved: you!

I want to know your story, from the blessings and privileges of being involved in College Athletics, to the pressures, trials and tribulations that also arise.

Sometimes I feel like a human penguin- instead of "Flying" like other types of birds, penguins have to "Swim" in order to survive. I think College Athletes are the Penguins of the student population, and of the world. Because of their condition and their inherent talents, they do not live on the same frequency as their peers. And so they figuratively "swim" in their Athletics throughout college, while balancing academics, and creating their experience.

Sometimes the experience is rewarding. Sometimes, it is challenging, which has been my experience. I want to know yours. I want to know how you, as a Penguin, handled yourself.

You would honor the world to share your story. You don't have to be a Penguin that lives in the Arctic any longer.

Please see the original template post if you need guidance for what to write.

Also, feel free to email me at miap805@aol.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Happy Swimming, Penguins!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Project Penguin: It's Your Time!

Hello Friends!

Project Penguin is finally in the works!

I welcome you. And welcome you to share your story, your experience, with the world.

As a D1 Track and Field Athlete, I am very passionate about sharing my experience with potential athletes, as well as just people who do not "understand" what being a College Athlete entails, whether it be NCAA D1 or NAIA, or anywhere in between.


I hope that you will share your experience with us here at PP.

I will be posting a template and an example of a PP story next time! Thank you!

-Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment